Office Contact Information
- Phone: (321) 724-8877
- Fax: (321) 724-8838
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Fire Plan Members contact Katie Taglia-Polak, Office Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police Plan Members contact Patricia Lindsay, Pension Assistant: email@example.com
- If you cannot reach anyone at the office, contact Kathy Adams, Board Administrator, at (321) 536-6912 or at the Admin email address above.
Part-time Pension Employees
The Board of Trustees has two Part-time Employees, Katie Taglia-Polak, Office Manager, and Patricia Lindsay, Pension Assistant. Katie's office hours are Tuesday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Patricia's office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
The Board is appointed/elected every two years as outlined and required by State Law FSS 175 Fire and FSS 185 Police and Palm Bay City Ordinance Chapter 55. The Board member may run for reelection for an unlimited term of office or until newly elected or appointed officer(s) replace them (See exception for City Councilmembers within the City’s Ordinance). All Board Members have a fiduciary responsibility to the Fund and its membership and can be held liable for any actions they take in conflict with that responsibility. All Board members must file an annual financial disclosure report with the State of Florida and that report is a public record.
The Board has full authority and responsibility to manage the Pension Plan and its funds as outlined in the above State Laws and City Ordinance. The Board retains professional management and advisors and all retained professionals have a fiduciary responsibility to the fund, its membership, and their Plan assets.
On a contractual basis the board retains these services.
- Attorney: Stephen H. Cypen, Cypen & Cypen
- Actuary: Brad Heinrichs, Foster & Foster, Inc.
- Auditor: Goldstein, Schechter, Koch, CPA
- Accountant: Lark Janes, CPA, Janes, Key & Dinho,
- Performance Manager: Larry Cole, Burgess Chambers & Associates
- Investment Consultants: Blake Myton, SunTrust Institutional Investment Solutions and J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Custodial Services Starting January, 2017: Salem Trust
- Custodial Services: Region
- Board Administrator: Kathy Adams
- Pension Software and Website Services: Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc.
The Plan also has other service providers that produce information or research at no cost to the plan.
2017 Holiday Office Closings
|New Year's Day
||Monday, January 2nd
|Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
||Monday, January 16th
||Monday, February 20th
||Monday, May 29th
||Tuesday, July 4th
||Monday September 4th
||Friday, November 10th
||Thursday, November 23rd
|Day After Thanksgiving
||Friday, November 24th
||Monday, December 25th